*Please note that the virtual venue for this event is Google Meet. To finalize your registration, you must register for the event here .
In honor of National Public Works Week 2022, the City of Los Angeles Board of Public Works, Office of Community Beautification and Keep Los Angeles Beautiful proudly presents the 4th Annual Virtual Beautification Conference! This year’s Public Works Week theme captures our core belief that anyone can be clean, green, and sustainable by reducing waste, reusing items, and recycling to improve the quality of life for all Angelinos. This virtual conference will convene a wide range of stakeholders with a shared vision of a cleaner and more sustainable Los Angeles.
Representatives from community organizations, nonprofits, youth advocates, researchers, Federal, State, County and Local Public Agencies, and City of L.A. Departments will gather online to share their stories, network, learn about programs and resources, and listen to various presentations on key topics.
Sessions are free and open to all, but registration is required to participate. Click here to register. No Google account needed. Nonetheless creating an account is a quick and easy process – all you need to do is enter your email address and create a password.
- Please fill in the required fields (Name and Email) to register on Google Meet which is free to create and use.
- If you already have a Google account you can also add the upcoming event date to your calendar
- You can now access the event when it is time.
- On your profile tab you can update your image, name, headline, bio, and social media profiles – to help you after the event!
Complete your registration the week before by 5pm to participate in raffle giveaways during the virtual event. To be considered for the raffle giveaways you must be a City of L.A. resident and be present online via the virtual platform during the virtual event to claim your prize.
10:00am- 10:02 am: Introduction Video
10:02 am – 10:06 am: Welcome, BPW President Aura Garcia
10:07 am – 10:10 am: City of LA Mayor Eric Garcetti
10:10 am – 10:12am: City of LA Controller Ron Galperin
10:13am – 10:15am: KAB Western Region Representative Jason Smith
10:15am – 10:18am: OCB Director Paul Racs
10:18 am – 10:20am City Forest Officer Rachel Malarich
10:20am – 10:26am: KAB Senior Director of Research Dr. David Scott
10:27am – 10:30am: 1st Raffle, Ana Huizar
10:30am -10:31am: Quick Break/set up panels
10:31am – 11:17am: PANEL: Reduce, Reuse, & Recycling for Everyone
11:17am – 12:02pm: PANEL: Water Conservation Today
12:02pm – 12:47pm: PANEL: BeautifyLA Grant Experiences
12:47pm – 12:50pm: 2nd Raffle, Ana Huizar
12:50pm – 1:00pm: Meet the KLAB Advisory Board & Additional KLAB Resources
1:00pm – 1:03pm: Closing remarks, Karina Casillas
- Reduce, Reuse, & Recycling for Everyone: Best practices in action
- Moderator: Paul Racs
- Gina Whisenant- USC sustainability
- Nancy Beyda – Food Cycle, Founder
- Water Conservation Today: Efforts throughout the City and at Home
- Moderator: Gerry Valido
- Steve List – Urban Gardening Teacher, Sylmar HS
- Ana Tabuena-Ruddy – City of Los Angeles, Streets LA
- BeautifyLA Experiences: Learn from previous BeautifyLA grant recipients
- Moderator: Karina Casillas
- Sue Taylor – Footbridge Square Median
- Lauren Nichols – Rosewood Garden Mural
- Elizabeth Fluck– Devon school garden
For questions about the conference please contact:
-Office of Community Beautification, Board of Public Works, City of Los Angeles