Sidewalk Rebate Program
The City’s Sidewalk Rebate Program is now accepting new applications for a limited time, based on available funding. For more information on the Rebate Program, please visit the Sidewalks LA website.
In conjunction with the Bureau of Engineering, OCB oversees imperative aspects of the City’s Sidewalk Rebate Program. The Rebate Program is a cost-sharing program created for property owners who would like to expedite their sidewalk repairs by voluntarily undertaking the repairs themselves for a portion of the cost. The Rebate Program reimburses the property owners up to $10,000 for residential and commercial lots. Completing the sidewalk repairs through the Rebate Program also includes a 5 to 20 year warranty with one-time repair made by the City. Since its inception in December 2016, the program has assisted over 300 residents and business owners repair their sidewalks while helping to offset a portion of the cost.
Through this program, OCB has been responsible for, but not limited to
- verifying applicant ownership,
- verifying social security and tax information through IRS 1099 form,
- verifying property information,
- working with proper title experts to verify property ownership information,
- working with bureaus to verify construction requirements,
- reviewing statement of completion and compliance certification,
- creating and approving invoices for processing by the Office of Accounting,
- reviewing statement of completion and compliance certification, and
- responding to constituent complaints, questions, and concerns.
All properties not owned by a governmental agency are eligible, provided the remainder of the eligibility requirements for the program are met. Applicants must be a property owner, or in the case of a corporation, trust, homeowners association or other non-individual ownership, the applicant must be a documented legal representative of such entity and must provide the appropriate documentation.